What if I told you that a major reason for uneven skin tone is the lack of using a product with SPF in it?
Many of us grew up not using any type of sun block. I certainly didn’t think I needed it because my skin colour gave me natural protection from the sun, so I figured that I didn’t need to wear sun block or use anything with SPF. Little did I know that sun exposure either causes or exacerbates many skin conditions and appearance issues, especially dark spots, blemishes, discolouration and skin tags. So sun protection should actually be part of every woman’s beauty routine, despite her skin tone. With winter coming, it’s important to remember that even when it’s cloudy outside, you can still get effected by harmful sun rays. I’ve inherited skin tags from both of my parents, and unprotected exposure to the sun makes them worse. I regret not knowing better before, but now I do, so I make sure that my regular skin care products have a level of SPF in them.
Some followers have been recently asking me what my current or updated skin care routine is, but I haven’t deviated from my ol’ faithful. I doubt it’ll change any time soon because it works for me. If you’re like me and would like skincare products that combine moisturising your skin as well as protecting it from the sun and keeping your skin even, then give the Johnson’s Even Complexion range a go. Even after I had Kai, I moved over to the Johnson’s range that tackles oily skin, but now that my skin seems to be back on track, I’ve gone back to using the Even Complexion Day Cream. Here’s why:
- It’s light. It doesn’t feel greasy or heavy on my face.
- It keeps my skin moisturised all day in this very, very dry Joburg climate.
- It has an SPF of 15 so it’s giving my skin a layer of protection against the damaging effects of the sun and helping to keep my skin tone even.
- It has berries and soy as its main ingredients, keeping the formula gentle.
The range is made up of four products; Even Complexion Day Cream with SPF15, Night Cream, Facial Wash and Cleansing Bar. On a day when I don’t need to exfoliate my face and I want a more gentle cleanse, then I’ll use the facial wash – it doesn’t dry out my skin. The entire range gently care for your face on a very affordable level, retailing between R19.95 – R54.95.
WIN A Johnson’s Even Complexion Hamper!
If you’re still battling with an uneven skin tone and would like to try a range to help you, enter my giveaway. I’ve partnered with Johnson’s to give one lucky A&L reader an Even Complexion hamper!
How to enter:
In the comments below, name your skin complexion concern and how Johnson’s can help with it.
- The competition will close at 4pm on Wednesday 18th April, 2018.
- This competition is open to South African residents only.
- One (1) blog winner and one (1) Instagram winner will be chosen and announced on this and tagged in the original Instagram post by Friday 20th April, 2018.
- Blog: best answer will win. Instagram: winner will be chosen randomly.
- Only answers submitted in the comments below and on Instagram will be valid.
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail so please be available to supply full contact and delivery details. If the winner does not respond to the email within 48 hours of contact, another winner will be chosen.
- All prize delivery logistics will be handled by a Johnson’s representative.
*Sponsored by Johnson’s South Africa