I have to admit something: I haven’t been following my own advice and regularly cleaning my face before I fall asleep. Eeek!
Before you roll your eyes at me, hear me out. These past few weeks have been so cold, so I’m going to take whatever warmth I can get. At the O’Reillys, it’s cuddling up on the couch with the heater on and eventually falling asleep right there. So, you can blame my dear husband’s chest for being so comfortable. Suffice to say, my skin has been suffering for it. I wear makeup pretty much every day during the week and sometimes on a Saturday and never on a Sunday (unless there’s some kind of social function that calls for a little face beating, then I’d swap my make up free day with Saturday). It’s a bad habit, that I know I can’t allow to become the norm. As you know, cleansing is so important, if not the most important thing you can do as part of your skincare routine.
- Cleansing your face helps to remove dead skin cells and prep it for the next day, giving your skin a daily reboot
- Makeup and some facial products can clog your skin’s pores. Cleaning it removes the dirt and lets your skin breathe and rejuvenate
- Even if you don’t wear makeup, your skin is exposed to pollution, germs and other nasties throughout the day which shouldn’t stay on your face for long, much less the whole night.
Even when I’m disciplined, I opt for the quick and easy option of cleaning my face with wipes. I have a pack on my bedside table so that there are no excuses. So even when we do wake up in the middle of the night after conking out on the couch, the two things I do before crawling into bed are: wrapping my hair and removing my makeup. In a way, I’m half sleeping with my makeup on, so I’m sure you can forgive me now. As you know, I love the Johnson’s entire face care range and have been using it for over 15 years now (can you guess my age?). With it being winter, I’ve had to swap a couple of products around to cater for my drier skin. And this year, I’ve added their Refreshing Cleansing Lotion to my routine. It helps me tone and lock in moisture on my skin before bed time. Whether your skin is oily, dry, sensitive or a combination of it all, there’s a range for you. All of their products are gentle, even my staple Gentle Exfoliating Wash which I can use every day. It also helps that I don’t have to spend an arm and a leg to get good skincare with their products all costing less than R100.
Check out my ‘Get Unready with Me’ video to see how I go about my nightly routine:
WIN A Johnson’s Cleansing Hamper!
If you need a gentle nudge into cleansing your skin daily, I’m sure a hamper from Johnson’s can help you do just that. You can WIN a hamper of wipes and cleansers from Johnson’s. Just enter below.
CONGRATULATIONS TO RACHEL NEL & @butt_a_ply. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ENTERED!
How to enter:
In the comments below, tell me what your skin type is and why you need this hamper.
- The competition will close at 4pm on Wednesday 4th July, 2018.
- This competition is open to South African residents only.
- One (1) blog winner and one (1) Instagram winner will be chosen and announced on this and tagged in the original Instagram post by Friday 6th July, 2018.
- Blog: best answer will win. Instagram: winner will be chosen randomly.
- Only answers submitted in the comments below and on Instagram will be valid.
- The winner will be contacted via e-mail and Instagram DM so please be available to supply full contact and delivery details. If the winner does not respond to the email/DM within 48 hours of contact, another winner will be chosen and the original winner will forfeit their prize.
- All prize delivery logistics will be handled by a Johnson’s representative.
*Sponsored by Johnson’s South Africa